All ages welcome!
Saturday, November 9, 10:30am–2:30pm
War Memorial Opera House
301 Van Ness Avenue
Free Community Open House! Explore the Opera House and enjoy adult and family-friendly activities throughout the day, including:
- Onstage musical demonstrations with the San Francisco Opera Orchestra and vocal soloists
- Sing-along with the San Francisco Opera Chorus
- Stage combat workshops and wig and makeup demonstrations for adults and families
- Family activities in the Opera House: scavenger hunt, costume photo booth, prop-making, costume crafts, sing-along with the Adler Fellows—and more!
- Off the Grid food trucks as well as concessions in the War Memorial Opera House lobbies
- Patina's beer/wine garden in the outdoor Loggia (Grand Tier level) of the Opera House beginning at 11:30am
Activities during the morning session will be geared mainly toward families. The afternoon session will provide more opportunities for adult patrons.
The Open House is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required, however registering online will enter you in a random drawing to win four tickets to San Francisco Opera's The Barber of Seville or The Barber of Seville for Families and offer you the opportunity to become a OPERAFAN and gain early entry.
For more information and to register, please visit our Community Open House webpage.